Smart Meters and tackling fuel poverty5th October 2020
Many people are paying more for their gas and electricity than they really need to, leaving them with very little money to spend on other things. This can lead to stress, worry and loneliness. It can also lead to a worsening of physical health as people are forced to live in cold, damp houses. However, it does not need to be this way.
Smart Meters have the potential to help, here is how:
- No more estimated bills, all your readings are sent automatically to your supplier;
- You can keep an eye on your energy usage, displayed in pounds and pence. Which is very useful when you are inside more often using more energy
- You can set personalised budgets;
- It is easier to top up your prepaid meter as you can do it online, or over the phone.
- People who have a smart meter potentially have the chance to access the cheaper tariffs on the market to give some relief to the continuing high costs of energy.
Please contact Mirin Benzie on 0300 303 4321 or email us by filling in our online enquiry form if you think yourself or a member of your family could benefit from a Smart Meter.Back to News