Our Advice Services

DAGCAS offer help and support to the people of D&G on issues including Benefits, Consumer rights, Debt, Employment, Court appointments, Housing and homelessness, Immigration, NHS complaints and Relationships.

Benefits Advice

Benefits Advice

A large proportion of the advice we give concerns government Benefits. This can include Benefit entitlement, support with applications and appealing decisions.

Consumer Rights

Consumer Rights

We can help when something you have bought, or a service you have paid for, goes wrong. This can range from a faulty product purchased in a shop to problems with energy suppliers.



We have a number of debt and money advice specialists. They are here to offer advice on managing debt and maximising income, and can negotiate with creditors where appropriate.


kinship care

Kinship Care

The Kinship Care Advice Service for South West Scotland and Glasgow is based at DAGCAS. We are here to give advice about the huge variety of issues that affect kinship carers.


Going to Court?

In-Court Advice Service Specialist Advisers can help individuals and their families dealing with the worry of legal issues and attending court including Lay Representation in Court for Civil matters.


Housing and Homelessness

DAGCAS offers advice on many aspects of housing, from rental problems through to homelessness. Our specialist housing advisers are fully-trained and here to help.




Dealing with family problems can be very difficult, often at a time when the issues are very emotive, with emotions running high. In these circumstances it is not always easy to see a way forward. We can assist with talking you through separation agreements or advice on divorce. What about making a will? Registering a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership? Our Family page contains so much more to help with advice on a breadth of family related matters.



It does not matter whether you are an employer, an employee or self-employed we can assist you with all aspects of employment advice and support. This may include terms and conditions such as holiday entitlement, sick pay, maternity and/or paternity leave. It may be redundancy or dismissal. In addition to advice on  such a broad spectrum of work-related matters we also have two specialist employment support advisers available to provide additional advice and support to help you address your issue.

NHS Complaints

NHS Complaints

Our Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is here to help if you feel you have been treated unfairly by the NHS. PASS can help you make a complaint or raise concerns.

The National Helpline can be reached by calling Call us on 0800 917 2127. You can also chat to us online by webchat, via email or face to face in one of our bureaux.




We are able to advise on immigration issues that may be affecting you and your family. DAGCAS has access to a translation service.




© 2019 DGCAS
Website by Wee Cog
This site uses cookies.
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.