Accessibility Tools
Accessibility Tools
Call us: 0300 303 4321
Lochside Outreach Glenkens Outreach New Galloway Kelloholm Outreach Annandale and Eskdale Outreach Mid-Galloway Outreach Glenkens Outreach Dalry Castle Douglas Annan CAB Stranraer CAB Dumfries CAB (Headquarters)
Cookie Policy NHS Families Project Self-help Carbon Monoxide Alarms Fair Work First Thank You HSCP Complaints Procedure Warm Home Discount Scams & Gambling Food Banks in Dumfries and Galloway Energy COST OF LIVING HELP Volunteering Video Pension Wise Newsletter Meet our Volunteers Contact us Eu Citizen feeling in the dark about Brexit? Health Latest Volunteer Other Ways to Help Us Contact us Family Immigration Housing and Homelessness Law and Courts Work Debt and Money Consumer Rights Benefits Advice Subject Access Request Form Locations Who Funds Us Board of Directors Privacy & Cookie Policy Get Advice Who we are Home
Energy Efficiency Advice Lochside Outreach Mid-Galloway Outreach Kelloholm Outreach Vacancy – Volunteer Triage/Receptionist Lockerbie Outreach A Fond Farewell for Elizabeth Energy Advice on your Doorstep Bureau Closure Days Heat in Buildings Consultation Outreach Clinics Ending Soon Our 2022-23 Annual Report is out now! Our Opening Hours are Changing Be scam aware this December New Outreach at Lockerbie Christmas Opening Hours A tree-mendous Christmas for local charities Tennessee students visit Citizens Advice Service Warm Home Discount Scheme Outreach clinics for Glenkens Beware the Council Tax debt trap Money Talk Team Help to Claim Podcast Scam Alert War on Ukraine – UK and Scottish Government information Bright Deal Project Debt Happens, You’re Not Alone Press Release – Energy Crisis Communications Strategy 2022 Volunteer Strategy 2022 Doubling the Scottish Child Payment Adult Disability Payment
Home | Contact us | Complaints Procedure
Contact us

Complaints Procedure

If your experience at Dumfries & Galloway Citizens Advice Service (D&GCAS) has not met your expectations, we’d like to do what we can to make the situation better. We are always open to feedback and looking for ways to improve our service.
It’s important to us that if something is not right, we know about it. We also keep all complaints completely confidential and separate from any advice records that we have for you. If you want to make a complaint, you can do so using the following three step complaints procedure.

Step 1: Speak to D&GCAS

In the first instance, please contact D&GCAS directly to discuss your concerns. You can talk to us face-to-face, over email or on the phone. You may wish to use the attached complaints form.  We will do everything we can to sort out your problem straight away.
If you telephone us your call will be answered by a receptionist. Please let them know that you wish to make a complaint and they will put you through to a manager. If no one is available they will take you contact details and ask someone to call you back.  If you call at one of our offices then please ask to speak to the Bureau Manager.

Step 2: Ask for an investigation

If you’re not happy with our response and have not already done so, you may wish to use the attached complaints form to request a formal investigation.  Alternatively an investigation can be requested by letter, email sent to, or by telephoning us. The Manager will thoroughly investigate your complaint and this process will be overseen by the Operations Manager. If your complaint is about the Operations Manager, then the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will take charge and if the complaint is about the CEO then the Board will investigate.  All complaints are anonymously reported to the Board of Directors.
We will aim to respond to your complaint within 20 working days, however if there is going to be a delay – due to a complicated situation, for example – we will let you know. Following the investigation, we’ll tell you what actions we have taken and how we plan to do things differently in the future.

Step 3: Request a review

If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your investigation, you can raise the complaint with the Chief Executive Officer of Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS). CAS will only investigation whether the complaints process has been carried out correctly and will not comment on the actual decision about upholding the complaint or not.  Citizens Advice Scotland can be contacted at
Citizens Advice Scotland, 1st Floor, Broadside, 2 Powderhall Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4GB

This website uses cookies
This site uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience. We use necessary cookies to make sure that our website works. We’d also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. By clicking “Allow All”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
These cookies are required for basic functionalities such as accessing secure areas of the website, remembering previous actions and facilitating the proper display of the website. Necessary cookies are often exempt from requiring user consent as they do not collect personal data and are crucial for the website to perform its core functions.
A “preferences” cookie is used to remember user preferences and settings on a website. These cookies enhance the user experience by allowing the website to remember choices such as language preferences, font size, layout customization, and other similar settings. Preference cookies are not strictly necessary for the basic functioning of the website but contribute to a more personalised and convenient browsing experience for users.
A “statistics” cookie typically refers to cookies that are used to collect anonymous data about how visitors interact with a website. These cookies help website owners understand how users navigate their site, which pages are most frequently visited, how long users spend on each page, and similar metrics. The data collected by statistics cookies is aggregated and anonymized, meaning it does not contain personally identifiable information (PII).
Marketing cookies are used to track user behaviour across websites, allowing advertisers to deliver targeted advertisements based on the user’s interests and preferences. These cookies collect data such as browsing history and interactions with ads to create user profiles. While essential for effective online advertising, obtaining user consent is crucial to comply with privacy regulations.